Thursday, July 21, 2011

My son made me look like a moron in front of my kids. How do I recover?

My son is 18 and is a register manager at Wal-Mart so I really respect his wisdom. I have no idea where he got this idea but he told me Anne Frank (as in the diary of anne frank) was buried in tight designer jeans. Since we had a weeks lesson on Anne Frank in my classroom, I told a room full of third grade students what my son told me. I ended up getting in so much trouble with the school board. Parents called in and complained that I told their kids that! My boss (the principal) told me he was beyond astounded that I would say something so dimwitted. I feel so upset at my son for this! Why would he abuse his authority and lie to me like this!? I am so embarrassed I didn't even go to work at all this week. I've just been sitting around at home watching TV, crying and having a little 'me time' (which is REEEAAAALLLLLY nice since my husband doesn't always deliver ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment