Friday, July 15, 2011

Eye floaters, flashing lights, weird vision?

Okay, I'm a fifteen year old girl who has been experiencing eye problems for about three years. In 8th grade, I got a migraine at school and experienced the weird visual aura that nearly blinded me for ten minutes. That completely freaked me out and over the next few months I was terrified of getting another one. I was stressed out all the time. In December, I got in a fight with my mother and I was extremely distraught and crying hysterically, after that episode, I noticed a change in my vision. I see all different kinds of floaters, all the time, not just against a white background. I can in fact see them right now as I am typing this. I also see flashing lights that look like little fireflies floating around in my vision. Everything has a halo around it, and at night if I move my eyes side to side, flashes of light take over my vision, to where I can literally see nothing. Also, my eyes are quite sensitive to light, and it takes my eyes ten minutes to go back to normal after glancing at a bright light. Also, I feel like my vision is sort of shaking, like strobe lights. All of these symptoms together obstruct my vision quite badly. I've been to several eye doctors, all of which said my eyes looked fine, the most recent one was a year ago. I've learned to live with this strange eye condition.. but I feel like my vision is getting worse... Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment