Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My best friend has been acting very romantically toward me, but hasn't made a move. Does he like me?

Ok, so I have known this guy for 5 years. We've been best friends since grade 8, and are now graduating from grade 12. This last year we've become extremely close, and have told each other things we haven't told anyone else. He always hugs me, and once after I helped talk him through some hard stuff, he said "I love you...." then stuttered really quickly "...as a sister" and then blushed bright red . He always talks about what he wants in a girlfriend around me, and it's just ambiguous enough to leave me wondering. He also hasn't dated anyone since we started getting even closer. He always invites me over and wants to hang out, and even talked about how he would like to teach someone to kiss, because that would be romantic (I've never kissed anyone). He's a very nice guy, a genuinely kind person, and I think I may have romantic feelings for him. But I' confused, because he hasn't made any sort of move. He's had quite a few casual girlfriends in the past, and one serious one (2 years), but he's been single for almost a year and a half now. So I don't know if I'm just reading the signals wrong, and maybe hes not attracted to me, but he told me he used to like me in Junior High. I have a real tendency to second guess myself, and I figured if he liked me he'd just come out and say it. I don't know anymore. I have a hard time trusting people, and I can honestly say hes the only person I've ever seriously trusted enough to think about having a relationship with. I'm just really distraught right now. Any input you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment