Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My kitten broke her leg, help!?

My 1yr old kitten has suffered from multiple fractures in her right rear leg from a case of water falling on top of her when she tried to jump up on to a stack of them. I've taken her to two different vets and the veterinarians are leaving me with no options, the surgeons say they can go in and pin the leg back together but they said her chances are great when it comes to contracting gang-green and it would cost $4000 or they can amputate her leg for $3000 but again they're saying the same thing about the gang-green. The only other options they gave me was to put her down or bring her home and just see what happens. She has since that past sunday been walking on it just fine and has been in her usually happy mood and playful (though I refrain her from doing it). After thoroughly looking over her leg, the bone has broken through the skin just a little bit as well. I am totally distraught and have no idea what to do. I asked the vets if they would splint it or cast it or something ANYTHING! NO vet will touch her. What should I do? She's only a little baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment